The Seversky P-35 was an American fighter aircraft built by the Seversky Aircraft Company in the late 1930s. A contemporary of the Hawker Hurricane and Messerschmitt Bf 109, the P-35 was the first single-seat fighter in United States Army Air Corps to feature all-metal construction, retractable landing gear, and an enclosed cockpit.
The P-35 is light and has an easy handling characteristic makes it the idea fighter plane for new players. The P-35 has turning advantage over higher tier heavy fighters although weaker engine might result in slower airspeed.
P-35 pilots should engage enemy fighters into turn-fights. Try making sharp turns in order to cause the enemy to overshoot. Also trick your enemy to think that you are an easy target could trap your enemy into low speed turn-fight in which you might have your tight turn advantage.
- Pros and Cons
- Light, easy to fly, low stall speed
- Nose mount guns
- Acceptable durable
- No bomb load
- Default: R-1830-45 Radial Engine (1,050 hp)
- Upgrade 1: R-1830-82 Radial Engine (1,200 hp)
- Upgrade 2: R-1830-94 Radial Engine (1,350 hp)
- Default: 2 x .30 cal machine guns
- Upgrade 1: 2 x .50 cal machine guns
- Max speed: 290 mph (466 kmh)
- Max dive speed: N/A
- Durability: 600
- Internal fuel capacity: 200 US gallons (755 litres)
- External fuel capacity: N/A
- Empty weight: 4574 lb (2,075 kg)
- Wing area: 220 (sqr ft) or 20.43 (sqr meter)